GUIDELINES FOR "WE THE DREAMERS" STORY
- Tell an exciting, encouraging and touching story about something that has caused you heartbreak and pain. Your story should be written in the first person and should be about yourself, to also include the people closest to you who helped you overcome your challenge.
- Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh, and be drawn into your world. We want a story that will stir the readers' emotions.
- The story should start “in the action” and draw in the reader, touching on the most powerful moments in your life. Do not start your story with an introduction about what you are going to say, or end with a concluding paragraph about what you just said.
- Don’t be afraid to speak from the heart. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. Remember that your story is meant to inspire someone in a similar situation. Write, write, and write. And the more you write, the more you’ll see what a productive and therapeutic experience it is.
- We do let you use a pen name for your story if you do not want to use your real name.
- Keep your story 1,500 words or less. Edit as best as you can. Although our editors might make some minor revisions, we intend to publish your story as submitted.
- Your story must be true. No fiction or creative writing.
***First Generation Latino students are: Students who are first in their family to attend school and/or college in the United States.***
Deadline to submit your story: February 28, 2015
If you have questions, email us at: email@example.com
If we publish your story, you will receive three free copies of the book.
You will also become part of the Eternal Three family, and possibly be featured in future projects.